Friday, February 11, 2011

Pell Grants for Unemployed People

I have worked in the auto industry for 20 years. However, since the industry has gone downhill these past few years, I found myself without a job recently. I was stressed for awhile because I could not find another job. No other auto company was hiring and I could not transfer my skills over to other industries. After trying to find a job for over a year, I decided that the best thing to do was to go back to school and get new skills and training. The only problem with this decision was that I had no money to pay for school. I thought that this idea was doomed until a friend of mine told me that I could apply for Pell Grants for unemployed people to help me pay for school.

I had never heard about this education grant before and my friend explained to me that the government gives out free money for people like me to get an education. There is no obligation either. I would not have to pay back the grant. Once I get the money it is mine to use. I thought this was a dream come true because this was exactly what I needed. To apply for the school grant, I had to go to the FAFSA website and fill out the form. I gave information about my financial situation which includes my income and assets. Since I did not have much to report for income or assets, my friend told me that I would probably get the maximum amount of money. Soon after sending out the information, I got a notice from the government which showed the amount of money that I am going to receive.

With the college grants I could use it to pay for tuition and books. I told me fellow ex-coworkers about this grant and how they could also go to school for free too. Without this grant, I think I would not have had the option of ever getting training.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking for money tor personal care

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking for grants to help with personal needs.

    ReplyDelete